The uFLIM program was developed by Francesco Masia and Wolfgang
Langbein to analyze FLIM-FRET data, specifically to retrieve
fluorescence components with different lifetimes for unmixing and
to determine FRET rate distribution parameters in a FLIM-FRET
experiment. The method is based on non-negative matrix
The details of the implemented algorithms are described in the
Please acknowledge the usage of the uFLIM software and cite our
Installing & Running the Hyperspectral Imaging Analysis
- Download the version of uFLIM you want to use from the below
list (the latest version is recommended).
- Extract all the files in a folder.
- The file “uFLIM.chm” is a help file with the instructions to
use the program and the description of the functions.
- The software is written in MATLAB, compiled for Windows 7 or
10 64bit, and requires a MATLAB run-time compiler to be
installed. The specific compiler version is given in the help
file of the uFLIM version.
- The "bioformats.package.jar"must be in the same folder as the
- To run the software, launch the exe file “uFLIM.exe”.
- Examples of data analysis are available in the help
Created by Francesco Masia,
10/11/2021, transferred 11/11/2021 WL, Updated 01/04/2023 WL